Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Very Grave Story

A man was walking home after drinking at the hotel and decided to take a shortcut through the cemetery. As he walked in the dark he stumbled and fell into a freshly dug open grave.

He sat there and contemplated his sorry situation. After a few minutes he heard someone walk past. It was a doctor. The man cried, “Help me! Help me!” The doctor looked down, pulled out his pen and notepad, wrote a prescription, dropped it into the grave and walked away.

Later the man heard another person walking by. It was a priest. Again he called, “Help me! Help me!” The priest, thinking it was a lost spirit, said a prayer and walked away.

By now the man was feeling low and lonely when he heard another person approach.

Again he cried out, “Help me! Help me!” This time it was a friend who recognized the man. The man in the grave said, “Mike, is that you?”

“Yes, buddy, it’s me. Wait a second.” Then Mike jumped into the grave.

The man shouted, “You idiot! Now we are both in a hole.”

Upon which Mike replied, “Yes we are, but I’ve been here before and I know the way out.”

Morale of the story:When things look grave, look up and rise above your challenges with the help of people who care, people who share and are people who are there for you.

No comments: