Thursday, November 29, 2007

In the beginning...

In 2003, I started a journey with the vague goal of improving my lot in life and getting more enjoyment out of it. I was in a dead-end accounting job, struggling to make ends meet and wondering why I chose such a life-draining, mind-numbing profession.

I started doing some research on goal-setting and achievement, which quickly turned to a voracious study of all things pertaining to self-development and success. I rented, bought, read, watched and listened to every scrap of information that I could get my hands on. New goals and habits were formed. Resources and leads were attracted. More positive ways of thinking prevailed. And then the answers started to come.

I started to examine my reasons for getting into accounting. I chose my course of study with the intent that I would one day make lots and lots of money. Somewhere, I must have gotten off course because I had only succeeded in making other people lots and lots of money. I could have become a CPA, but I was not willing to abandon my wife and orphan my children for six months out of the year. No amount of money was worth that. So the question I was facing was: "How does one go about making more money while retaining control of their own time and schedule?"

I started to study the lives of millionaires and billionaires to see if any of them had created their fortunes under that criteria. It is through that course of study that I started to uncover principles, practices and habits that were common among them. These became my guidelines as I searched for the vehicle that would one day change it all around for me and my family. They also became the basis for the creation of the process that I call "The Millionaire Marathon."

Over the next few days, I would like to share with you the foundational elements that one must understanding in order to create over one million dollars. Join me tomorrow as I share with you the First Principle of Wealth ... one that most people who dream of being wealthy tend to overlook.

I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: